OS 140RX Rear bearing

Jerry Budd jbudd at QNET.COM
Sun Jun 8 14:04:25 AKDT 2003

>I was wondering if when changing the rear bearing on my 140rx if I
>should leave the seals in the new bearing or take them out.

I would take the seals out, and flush all the grease out with brake
parts cleaner, gasoline, kerosene, etc.

>  also I was wondering at what point do you decide to change the
>bearing. the bearing in my engine seems to be very smooth but is
>starting to sound louder than it used to.

Now would be a good time, the loudness is a good first clue.  The
recent onset of an erratic idle is also a symptom.  Roughness usually
becomes noticable later on (by then you are running on borrowed time).

BTW - I have rear bearings in stock for both the OS140 (stainless
steel) and the Webra 145 (regular).

Jerry

--
Jerry Budd