Webra Problems

jim ivey jivey61 at msn.com
Fri Jun 6 17:52:34 AKDT 2003

Tony
I just checked my backplate on my Webra 145 and there is a half moon track on the top of the skirt relief on the backplate. My engine has been ran just like Brians, lean, while I was trying to set it up. My sags came from trash in the pump, that was there from day 1.
I used a YS filter, Cool Power 15%,17x12 @8000 with pipe set per Lee's suggestion. I also wasted 3 contests on this problem. I have 60+ flights on the beast. (civil word). My cylinder, piston show signs of excessive heat, also. If this thing gets rebuilt it will be over the winter months. I have a cline regulator and plain B/P with a pressure tap on it now. It seemed to be better on adjustments on the ground, but since the markings on the B/P, I won't even continue, 'till I rebuild it. Let's see 60+ flights @ $550 =$9.17/flt + fuel.
I know how you feel Brian. I now have my reliable YS 140L in my plane.

See you-uns at the Nats

Jim Ivey
jivey61 at msn.com