O.S. F Plug

patterndude at attbi.com patterndude at attbi.com
Thu Jun 5 19:52:29 AKDT 2003

Kevin,
A number of OS140RX users call Tower Hobbies and buy extra head gaskets to
lower the compression a bit.  This can make a balky engine a pussycat, if you
are having that problem.  I fly with some of these guys and their engines run
great, but so does mine and I don't have the extra gaskets.
  The reason for the OSF plug is that, since it is a 4 stroke plug designed to
hold its heat through the exhaust cycle, people believe that it can stay lit
better than a 2 stroke plug.  this is like having an onboard glow in a way.
It will help idle and transition.
  By my experience, I used the OS recommended A3 plug and the engine ran OK.
These were my first 2 plugs, then I switched to the OSF.  I think the claims
are true, but it is a subtle effect.  Engine runs great so I don't mess with
it now.

--Lance

# discussion-request at nsrca.org