YS 140L tuning questions

Ihncheol Park PatternFlyer at msn.com
Sun Jun 1 17:07:16 AKDT 2003

OK, finally, I got all the parts installed including the updates.
Here is the current setting.
Idle screw and 2 turn out.
High speed at 2 turn out.
Regulator screw 1/4 turn out from flush with case.
The engine is mounted upright on a stand with AAP muffler.
Magnum #2, APC 15x12W.  (I listened to Troy Newman and bought the props!!)

I had to use music wire support from mount to the muffler because it kept
come loose within a minute of running.

At idle, the engine spits fuel out of carb a lot as in rich condition.
Going fine up to 2/3 throttle.
When near the full throttle, there is a sharp "Ping~" sound.  Spinner and
prop got loose (tru-turn nuts are still on the shaft).  Fortunately, the
spinner cone was not damaged for the last 5 attempt.  (the cone came loose
twice flying upto 15 feet).

Am I still lean?
Compression is very strong even with 3 head gaskets. Before running, there
was almost no compression and had a little of hard time starting with
chicken stick.  (Excellent excercise on my right arm.  I could not use kavan
starter because of very sticky soft cone staying on the spinner.).

Now, I am afraid if I will damage the engine.
What is a good way to keep the spinner and prop not to come loose?

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Ihncheol Park

# discussion-request at nsrca.org