Servo question

Glen.Watson at aspentech.com Glen.Watson at aspentech.com
Thu Jul 31 12:59:55 AKDT 2003

Early this season I swapped my Futaba 9102 coreless wing servos for 9150
digitals.  As Gray mentions I first added more expo to reestablish feel.
With this added expo (mushiness) when doing points and slow rolls it was
difficult to maintain a consistent roll rate.  By decreasing travel volume
(9ZAP AFR) in addition to reducing relative expo, roll rate became more
controllable and predictable. I sense there is a relative amount of travel
volume + expo needed to overcome surface blow back with non-digitals to
achieve desired mushiness.

Switching to digital wing servos has greatly changed the rolling
characteristics for me in a positive way.  Rolls are crisper, more
predictable in all air speeds and stop-start with more authority.

Glen