Battery question

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Thu Jul 31 04:50:41 AKDT 2003

Just a small observation - as has been noted recently by Eric H., if "something" goes awry, and you're forced to fly a "duration" flight, you need lots of battery reserve.  Like the hung throttle thing...lower throttle setting with a reasonable tank can force a 30 minute flight, easily.
    I have always chosen to carry more mah than I know that I'll need - ever - and don't mind the minor weight penalty.
    Flying 5 cells, I use a 1700mah NiMh.  On board battery doesn't show a loaded drop below 6 volts until after about 5 flights using 5 digitals servos on board my Petrel.  Usually, I can't focus enough to go more than 6 flights in a session...so it works for me.
    But, if still going on, I'll hook up the Sirius Field Charger and let it do it's work while I'm recovering between efforts...

Bob Pastorello, Oklahoma
NSRCA 199, AMA 46373
rcaerobob at cox.net
www.rcaerobats.net