FAI F3AL---Pattern IMAC combined

Ed Miller edbon85 at optonline.net
Thu Jul 31 04:23:51 AKDT 2003

"Get the picture ?? No. Not sure why you need to bash Harley and/or Harley
riders to make a point concerning model airplanes. As Americans we should be
proud of their accomplishments. Bill, just how long have you really wanted a
Harley ???
My unfortunate experiences with "Imac" are fact.Until the whole large scale
aerobatic thing came about I never witnessed a large scale anything hovering
ten feet from me or breaking in an engine on the flight line next to a
child. Where's the "new blood" ?? Standing on a flight line receiving
hearing damage from a bunch of self absorbed, supposed mature adults. I'm
sure glad that 41 years ago the mature adults that nurtured and supported my
interest in model aviation were of a different breed. I thank Harry, Louie,
Fred, Walter and my dad for their time, caring and efforts. They are great
role models.
Seems to me there was more than just noise complaints directed at the scale
aerobatics group at Nats practice fields a couple of years ago.
Model Aviation printed an article that revealed an individual's bad
experience at a precision aerobatics event.
Seems like there is plenty of dirt to go around. Maybe to attract new blood
we need to clean up our act a bit.
I choose to fly "precision aerobatics", just like I choose to ride a Harley
( 24 years ). My point was if  precision and scale aerobatics become one
body, the NSRCA can retire my number. I choose not to participate in that.
Maybe we ( NSRCA and AMA ) can learn something from the success's of  Harley
both past and present. They are attracting both young and old to the joys of
motorcycling. Not every youngster out there is an instant gratification
junkie.
Ed M.