FAI F3AL---Pattern IMAC combined

Jon Uhler juhler at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 30 19:32:37 AKDT 2003

Mike,

I have said, in public, more than once that Andy was a real help at Dayton.  He is truly a great pilot, and was a HUGE help to me at the contest.  I also said that I met some great people, you included, and had a good time.  I was just trying to explain why, as a newer member of the pattern community, I thought pattern wasn't getting any new members.  I am trying to use real world experience, limited, but real, to counter some of the comments made during this discussion.

As you know, since I talked to you at the contest, that I wasn't worried about the zero, but more interested in why there was such a difference.  My example was brought up because IMAC judging was brought up in this discussion.  I wanted to use my experience of flying both as an example.

Mike, bottom line is, I met several great guys at Dayton, learned a ton from Andy, broke my Focus, scared a judge, and had a nice dinner.

Most comments that you feel I need to apologize for came from this discussion, not that contest.

Jon

# discussion-request at nsrca.org