FAI F3AL

GeorgeF. av8tor at flash.net
Wed Jul 30 10:49:50 AKDT 2003

At 12:51 PM 7/30/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>George,
>
> > appearance.  I've been a private pilot since 1986, have done full scale
> > aerobatics (has a hobby) and believe me, scale aerobatics doesn't look nor
> > sound anything like full sized aerobatics to someone who has spent
> > considerable time around full sized aerobatics.
>
>And pattern aerobatics does?  At least IMAC uses the IAC catalog when
>designing the sequences.  Face it, RC planes, including pattern, are so
>over powered that they will never be like full scale aerobatics.  We can
>do things that full scale can't.  Does that mean we shouldn't?
>
>Jon

AMA/FAI Pattern never claimed to look like full scale aerobatics, that
wasn't the purpose, never was and never should be.

IMAC on the other hand is to look like full scale aerobatics.  However as
you said, model and miniature aircraft are overpowered and therefore never
will look like full scale....

And to add to this I would suggest that Pattern does in one way more
closely resemble full scale aerobatics.  If you compare a pattern ship to a
military jet figher team such as the Blue Angels or USAF Thunderbirds.  A
pattern ship does fly in nearly the same way as an F16 or F/A18 in its
power to weight ratio and smoothness
.

George
http://www.AuctionWholesaler.com