FAI F3AL---Freestyle

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Wed Jul 30 07:59:23 AKDT 2003

If freestyle is what you want then look at the F1G event. This is a
freestyle event with model requirements of a 2M F3A model....But the kicker
is those little funfly models like the H9 Funtana, Madness are perfectly
legal and capable....Also the Synergy 90 3D. That is what this model was
deigned for. Also there may be some smaller 28% roughly sized bipes
available after the worlds....These thing will be loads of fun in a
freestyle atmosphere....

I don't see that we need to encourage or drive people bigger models in order
to do freestyle stuff. All of the hype about IMAC style models is the
freestyle....The smaller models do it better...less energy to manage, less
investment when you break it...easier to fix.....The small models are the
best for this type of stuff....Look a the local flying field....Pizzazz's
Funtana's, U-CanDo's and so on...these are all F1G legal models....they are
under 5KG under 2M and in most cases can even meet the sound
requirements....but there has only been a single AA event in the USA and
that was the 2002 NATS ran by Evil Eric....we had 3 guys with the balls to
do it! And I flew my Pattern model with exact setup that was just flown in
the finals...I just fueled up...so did Chad Northeast.....Now Quique was the
man of the hour and flew some great stuff with his Excellence converted to
IAM model.....

Well guys my Flashdance will be flying in about month I hope.

Troy Newman