FAI F3AL

GeorgeF. av8tor at flash.net
Wed Jul 30 07:56:07 AKDT 2003

At 10:50 AM 7/30/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>So am I.  There is a good reason.  I have the chance to visit the AMA
>museum at Muncie this last Nats.  I got a fantastic tour by Mr.
>Lagrange.  In the tour I have the opportunity to see model airplanes
>that broke records (cross country, altitude, etc).  I asked "What is
>the number 1 requirement in model airplane to break a record?  Answer:
>The model cannot be more than 11 lbs.  After the tour I have a true
>answer why we cannot allow more than 11 lbs.  Mr. Lagrange really
>said, "Anything that is more than 11 lbs. is not consider a model
>airplane"

Thank you for sharing, that was great!   I've been saying that for years at
some of the fields I've flown at.

Since about 1986 I've had my private pilots license, may modelers would
always ask me why I never got into giant scale.  My answer would always be
"I like model airplanes, once they get to the size of a giant scale they're
no longer model, at that point I'd rather craw inside and fly it myself".....

George

# discussion-request at nsrca.org