new concepts

SteveK101 at aol.com SteveK101 at aol.com
Tue Jul 29 12:40:45 AKDT 2003

I 2nd that Jimbo... Well said.

When I started flying R/C the goal was to go home with the plane in one
piece... Then the goal transitioned to good landings... Then the goal morphed into
lots of fun flying and burning up the sky and of course, burning lots of fuel.

That was the easy part.  Starting to fly pattern for the first time was
difficult.  Practice was difficult, time was difficult and here is the kicker-
finding a buddy to be there and criticize was VERY difficult.  That's what makes
all of us better.  Not that we practice but we practice what our callers are
saying doesn't look right.  Get a good caller and practice buddy and you will be
motivated to get out and make those loops a perfect circle, have the 45
degree angles nailed... Establish good geometry.

My .02.

Steve Klaus