NEW concept? for pattern entry.

ArestiPattern at aol.com ArestiPattern at aol.com
Tue Jul 29 07:48:31 AKDT 2003

Here is a good example of the untapped resource we have here in Pattern.

My local club in St. Joseph, Michigan has a quality senior member named Bill
Borland.  This guy can really fly.  He gets out there several times a week,
flies his Runaround thru the paces smoothly and quite capably.  He's always
willing to help the beginners, and is involved in many club activities.  I've
asked him several times why he doesn't still compete in pattern or maybe try IMAC.
 His comments are always accompanied by a warm smile remembering all the good
times he had competing in the past, but then he resigns himself to the
current reality of "I don't have the eyes or the reflexes to beat the kids anymore,
they're really really good".

These senior guys are the sport's best ambassadors, always the first to
volunteer, and I'd love to see something happen to allow them to compete against
their peers for the fun of the win.

Thanks for listening fellas
Rick