NEW concept? for pattern entry.

Dennis Cone cone.man at verizon.net
Tue Jul 29 07:13:13 AKDT 2003

Rick,
Something about your email made me read it over several times. I guess I
like the idea of having a senior class fly the same routine but compete
against only each other. Perhaps two contests running in the scoring program
(switch back and forth between them). They would fly on the same flight line
and with the same order as the rest just not scored against the seasoned
pilots. This would give them a chance to fly at the contest but take away
the feeling that there is no way they could beat the top dogs. As I have
said before there are several old ex pattern fliers here in the area and
they always seem interested, fly some of the maneuvers but never enter a
contest. Just an idea I may toy with for next years contest and will check
around to see if there is any interest. I know this does nothing for
enticing new blood, but you never know. If the young guy’s (under 50) see
the old guy’s doing it they may say I can to.

Dennis Cone