Simulators

Bill Pritchett phelps15 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 29 05:09:35 AKDT 2003

MessageThanks, Xavier!
Bill
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Xavier Mouraux
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 6:31 PM
  Subject: Re: Simulators

  Hi Bill,
  I have been using Real Flight since I started pattern a few years ago and found it helped me, specially to learn new sequences or at the begining of a new season. I also used it to learn the rudder when flying inverted, hovering and torque roll very low.
  When I have a problem with a maneuver, (the 1 1/2 snap and 4 of 8 opposite these days) I go back to the simulator and try to understand what is wrong. I  could slow the time down and have more time to think and analyse the control input.
  I have the original version and I am happy with it. You could also increase the wind until the plane doesn't move and you could practice maneuver  right in front of you.
  I use the Ultrasport as a start and modified it to feel close to my pattern plane.
  There is nothing like the real practice but the simulator could help.
  Have fun

  Xavier