Simulators

Xavier Mouraux xavier.mouraux at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 28 14:31:47 AKDT 2003

MessageHi Bill,
I have been using Real Flight since I started pattern a few years ago and found it helped me, specially to learn new sequences or at the begining of a new season. I also used it to learn the rudder when flying inverted, hovering and torque roll very low.
When I have a problem with a maneuver, (the 1 1/2 snap and 4 of 8 opposite these days) I go back to the simulator and try to understand what is wrong. I  could slow the time down and have more time to think and analyse the control input.
I have the original version and I am happy with it. You could also increase the wind until the plane doesn't move and you could practice maneuver  right in front of you.
I use the Ultrasport as a start and modified it to feel close to my pattern plane.
There is nothing like the real practice but the simulator could help.
Have fun

Xavier