NEW CLASS for experienced pilots.

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Mon Jul 28 12:54:11 AKDT 2003

Jim:
Problem is, when I wrote a couple of years ago to the SPA list, I got
several replies counter-advising about the A-H.  The folks said it
"wasn't competitive" and "probably wouldn't win" and after looking at
the pictures of the SPA contests on the list, about all I saw was an
airplane called the "Daddy Rabbit" which hadn't even been thought of
when I took my "hiatus" from R/C.
So, rather than build an airplane I didn't want, I decided to go
pattern, because the airplanes were just beginning to look good, and
different from one another.  I sure couldn't say that in the days of the
Sequel, SL-1, Jekyll, Dr. Jekyll Ph.D.. etc.
Now, with the stuff that's out, I'd rather be a non-winner with
airplanes that I like, than a non winner with an airplane I don't
particularly want.
But.........still and all.............I love the SPA concept.  At age
71, (and having started flying R/C in 1954) why wouldn't I love the
concept?<G>

Bill Glaze