2004 Nat's finals for lower classes

Ron Van Putte vanputte at nuc.net
Sun Jul 20 15:44:20 AKDT 2003

Jerry Budd wrote:

> The bigger issue is that it needs to be discussed, and decided upon in
> advance of the contest.  When some of the Masters competitors inquired
> as to how many competitors would be carried into the finals they were
> told "at least 8, maybe more".  That seemed to violate the most basic
> of tenents for running a contest which is that you publish the rules
> in advance.  You don't make it up as you go.
>
> So for Masters next year I would propose 8 or 20% of the total Masters
> entrants, whichever is greater.

I am the NSRCA Nats coordinator and I expected that 20% would make the
finals.  Then I found out that some F3A competitors lobbied for and got
10 finalists, so the number of Master finalists was increased to 10 so
they'd finish about the same time as F3A.  Next year it won't happen,
because the % of finalists will be in the NSRCA-approved plan.

Ron Van Putte

# discussion-request at nsrca.org