Paint Colors for repair

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 20 05:54:18 AKDT 2003

It has been my experience that Ultracote colors are not consistant from batch to batch and over time. Red is the worst, remains of the original roll don't always match for repair a year later. Red paint and red ultracote may match when first applied, but mis match a year later. If you check out the colors on new cars you will find them perfect matches, but only for a couple of years. Especially where the underlying material is different.

The point I am trying to make is that a perfect match won't last forever, so spend your effort accordingly.

John Ferrell
6241 Phillippi Rd
Julian NC 27283
Phone: (336)685-9606