Hydeaway Maiden Flight

Ed Miller edbon85 at optonline.net
Fri Jul 18 12:18:03 AKDT 2003

I think you are refering to the HydeOut. To the best of my knowledge the HydeAway was offered 2 ways, semi ARC with sheeting on flying surfaces done and a composite fuse by ZN line. The second version was all wood built up from Japan, very light and high quality. I knew of one here on the east coast that blew apart in flight. The HydeOut is substantially smaller than the HydeAway.
I've spent many hours weighing componets, hardware and taking weights during construction while building my soon to be finished EMC2. I also recorded some of this information on Dave's HydeAway. I hope to share this information as an article in the KFactor later this year. Like the tachs that have a built in 500 rpm head start, there seems to be an abundance of scales that start at minus numbers or defy gravity.
Ed M.