fixed gear vs. retracts

GeorgeF. av8tor at flash.net
Fri Jul 18 04:43:49 AKDT 2003

At 05:13 PM 7/17/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Anthony,
>
>"It is true I don't taxi about with them---"   I hope Margaretta (sp OK?)
>is reading the message.  That's why Anthony doesn't have to taxi!!!!

A lot of fields would rather have you carry your planes to the flight line
for saftey.  I've yet to attend a pattern contest where I had seen pilots
taxi out to the runway.

Sounds like the "taxi" issue is more like an excuse rather than improving
flying skills....  Kinda like todays schools, "dumb down" the test so
everyone wins?

George

# discussion-request at nsrca.org