The next thing - Biplanes???

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Thu Jul 17 17:15:41 AKDT 2003

I predict that Bipes are NOT the next big thing for Joe Average. Of course,
there is no pattern flier I know who considers himself Joe Average, SOOOOO, yes
many will likely flock to them. But there are very few who are skilled enough
to set them up correctly
.  In today's ARF and barf world of pattern, patience and building skill are
becoming quite scarce. For most of us, working a monoplane into submission is
tough work, let alone trying to figger out a new type of platform, with all
its complexity, like the Bipe.

Having said that, Chip flew his DV great at the Team Selection. Kenny Lauter
also. But these guys are on the upper echelon of competition in this country.

BTW, Bob Noll told me at the TS contest that CPLR is not very happy with his
bipe. It will be interesting to see if he campaigns it at the Worlds.

Matt