OS 1.40 X

Jeff Hughes jhughes at hsonline.net
Mon Jul 14 07:10:59 AKDT 2003

I just put new bearings in mine a couple of weeks ago. Noise was my
first indication of bearings and you could feel roughness when you
turned the engine by the spinner, then finally, trim changes to keep
it idling, never really affected midrange or full power. The sleeve
just slides straight up once the head is off.

Jeff

> OS 1.40 RX.   I know this has been hashed and rehashed, but how do
you get the sleeve out of this thang?
>  I had a couple of dead sticks yesterday and this has been a
flawlessly performing engine till then.   It went lean on me on one
flight and seemd to load up in mid range then died.  Put in a new plug
adjusted needle and flew again.  This time died at midrange after some
extended run time at lower throttle range.  Checked all fuel lines and
filter, OK.   Pulled engine out last night and opened it up for the
first time and it looked squeeky clean... a little green from the Cool
Power ful but clean otherwise.  So I am going to replace the bearing
while it is open.  I have about 100+ flights on this engine now.

--
CoreComm Webmail.
http://home.core.com

# discussion-request at nsrca.org