Fuel Question... Why the metal cans?

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Mon Jul 7 08:33:19 AKDT 2003

--On Monday, July 07, 2003 10:07 AM -0500 spbyrum <spbyrum at hiwaay.net> wrote:

> Don't Ask, don't tell.  Especially your wife.  The guy who service our
> furnace several years ago told my wife I was keeping a bomb in the
> basement after he saw a jug of fuel.  It took quite a bit of talking to
> fix that one.

I can't say that I've ever burned nitro-methane outside
of my engines.

I have used some old spirit-duplicator fluid to start
fires.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a gallon of burning
nitro-methane, let alone multi-gallons of the stuff.

I grant you that it doesn't spontaneously combust.
But it sure would contribute a kick to any fire that
got started in the vicinity.

YMMV.

Marty #2874
# discussion-request at nsrca.org