Fuel Question...Age?

STEVE HOSNER sphosner at msn.com
Sun Jul 6 07:25:57 AKDT 2003

I can tell you that high temps and jugs don't mix. While living in Phoenix I stored all of my fuel in our insulated garage and had several of the containers leak at the same time and created a huge mess. I strained and tranfered all of the other jugs of fuel to gallon metal containers wraped in heavy black plastic bags and never had a problem again. When we move back to Phoenix, I will let the hobby store keep the fuel until I need it and will always buy the fuel in cans. I also noticed that the older the stored fuel was it seemed to loose "punch". The key to  taking care of that problem is to burn more fuel! I hope to do more of that this time around also.