ST 2300 Thrust Washer

Ron Lockhart ronlock at comcast.net
Thu Jul 3 04:30:02 AKDT 2003

Once thrust washer off, probably using the Miller method,
here's a way to make it easy next time. Make a puller:
Drill & tap two holes for 6-32 in the thrust washer 180
degrees from each other toward outer third of the washer.

>From a piece of 1/8th inch or so thick steel, (cut from
a srap, plate, use big washer etc.) drill a center hole
to match crank, and two holes to match ones in washer.

To use, put prop nut on crank, steel plate on top,
thread in a couple of 6-32 bolts and evenly tighten
them- washer pops off.

Ron Lockhart