Swallow vs. Quest - Parts 1 and 2?

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Wed Jul 2 07:10:16 AKDT 2003

Eric:
Yes; I got a plethora of information from you that was totally useful, and very
informative.  Very helpful, as you always are.
I hadn't yet gotten a chance to reply.  The pictures etc. were great.  I'm having a great
time with the Swallow; the Quest looks to be parallel.  I clicked on the web site for Creek
Hobbies and tried to enlarge the picture of the Quest; no joy.  I'm going to try again with
a different browser.
Showed the Swallow yesterday to John Ferrell; he is quite impressed by several aspects,
including the portability of that sized airplane.  The 66" wing with proportional fuselage,
makes for flexibility of transportation that is lacking in the 2 meter planes.
I obtained the airplane through Ron van Putte's Shalimar Hobbies; Ron was Johnny-on-the-spot
and got me the kit a day sooner than expected, at a great price.
Thanks Ron!
In any event, after your comprehensive write up of the Quest, it seems we have another
airplane to consider.
Eric, you are providing a great service to the pattern community with this buying/reviewing
of these airplanes.  Through you we are able to determine at no cost to us, whether or not
they are eligible for consideration for competition or practice.  Thanks so much!

Bill Glaze
NSRCA 2388
AMA 2221

# discussion-request at nsrca.org