avoidance rule

george kennie geobet at gis.net
Fri Jan 31 11:37:27 AKST 2003

Wind doesn't enter into the equation. I've seen the wind switch 180,
then 90 , and back to take-off direction all during the course of one
flight. The center line, the flight line,  and the 60 degree lines would
be your reference.As far as the sun is concerned, I indicated that it
could only be done at certain facilities and in Antarctica in july.
Probably was a lousy idea anyway, but I still think Frank's is a good
one.
G.