Lookout CA

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Thu Jan 16 11:07:58 AKST 2003

Ok guys it is official.....I am moving to California

My lovely wife and chief model airplane buddy an I are moving to San Jose in about 2 weeks.

We don't know where we will be living, we don't know for sure what days we are leaving to come out there.....Looks like a good 2-3 drive. The only rules we have right now are Sacramento no later than 5pm on Friday Jan 31 as she has to get a Nursing license for the state of CA.....Then she starts work on Monday Feb 3rd at 3pm.....So far this is all we know. Her company is finding us a furnished Apartment with a garage for me....and I will be bringing my F3A models and some shop materials with me.....Other than that its an Expedition, and Dodge Dakota and 2 cats that are making the trip.....What ever fits in these 2 trucks after the planes is what is traveling with us.....Looks like clothing and kitchen stuff.....We are packing right now and in between trips to a storage unit I'm trying to paint a Phenom.....I have the Smaragd Z and a new Hydeaway 7 flights old all ready to fly......the Phenom is is at the painting an covering stage...Hope I get some warmer temps this weekend or it will be painting in the 30's for temps.....Which I have done before but takes a quick run inside to allow the fuse to cure and it means only a color a day.....urrrrrrrrrg!

More on the Phenom in another email....

The goal is to try and make the Lancaster event on Feb 1-2 but looks like that will be a pipe dream...Phoenix is a long haul on the 15-16 but I think we be there for sure!

This is a short term assignment for now and may become longer term....as of now we are under contract until May 3rd 2003...so its just 3 months...I hope there will be lots of flying and contest early in the year out there......Just in case we end up moving East in May or June......Which is probably going to be the case as the Masters (Team Selection) are planned for 2nd week in June in Greenville, SC. And then of course the NATS in Muncie in July.....But I look forward to being out with the boys and flying my little tail off!

TroyGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com