Off the subject - pine wood derby

Pattrnflyr at aol.com Pattrnflyr at aol.com
Wed Jan 15 22:58:37 AKST 2003

My son won the Denver championship in Pinewood Derby a few years ago, he is 21 now.  Don't ask me why but a low slung or wedge seems to be the best body shape.  Make sure the axles are straight and polish them with crocus cloth.  Jig up the wheels and find 4 that have straight axle holes.  Then turn all the wheels to the same size and put an angle on the running surface so just a very small part of the wheel touches.  Make one of the front wheels higher than the other three so it doesn't touch the ground.  Make sure the car tracks straight as possible.  You can put hub caps on the wheels to make sure the axles run on the hub caps instead of the frame of the car. You can use pop can aluminum for the caps.  I also used teflon on the axles.

See ya,

Bruce
# discussion-request at nsrca.org