Off the subject - pine wood derby

Joe Barnes jbarnes at gaseed.com
Tue Jan 14 21:13:35 AKST 2003

My eight year old son and I are building a Pine Wood Derby car for the Cub Scout races. Does anyone know where the car should balance? (or does it matter?) I will be adding about 2 to 2.5 oz. of weight to the car to bring it to a maximum legal weight of 5 oz. There are different opinions with the Dads. Some say the weights should be in the back to push the car down the track and some say the front to pull the car down the track. I think it should be some where in the back third. This is our third year of races and we have done pretty well the previous years.(seconds but never a first.)

Any help would be appreciated,

Joe Barnes