Fascination,...

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sun Jan 12 20:27:24 AKST 2003

In a message dated 1/12/2003 11:19:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mrstev0922 at aol.com writes:

> Subj:Fascination,...
> Date:1/12/2003 11:19:26 PM Eastern Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:mrstev0922 at aol.com">mrstev0922 at aol.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:discussion at nsrca.org">discussion at nsrca.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> Just a quick question,....
>
> Noticed an ad for the Fascination by Gator R/C and realized that this plane
>
> might be within my budget!!  Anyone have experience with the construction
> and
> performance of this plane that they would like to share??  Specifically,...
>
> what engine is required to power it??  Would a Y.S. 120 FZ be adequate or
> would a used 140FZ be necessary??
>
> As far as the construction is concerned,... do the plans show built up wing
>
> construction as is typical with Gator's Typhoons or is it foam wing only??
>
> Is this a Bryan Hebert design or someone else's??
>
> Sincerely,
> Steve Teerlinck
> Monson, Massachusetts

One of my flying partners still is flying a Fascination. His comments are
that the plane has poor snapping tendencies (he flies Masters), due mostly to
very small aileron area  and rather large stab, and does not track the
verticals straight up and down.

But the plane will groove with the best of em, probably because of the large
stab, and is a fine Sportsman and Intermediate plane. His plane has a 1080 sq
inch wing and seems to need every bit of his 140RX at nearly 11 pounds

MK