Help: Webra TruTurn Adapter Bushing Problem

Keith Black tkeithb at attbi.com
Tue Jan 7 20:56:16 AKST 2003

I have a new Webra 1.45 Aero X and I'm trying to mount a 3 1/4" TruTurn FAI spinner on it. The adapter kit that is listed for this engine on both TruTurn's and Piedmont's web page is TT-0825-A which contains an 8mm bushing.

The bushing fits over the threaded part of the crankshaft, but will not fit over the unthreaded base of the crankshaft.

I tried another 8mm bushing that I have to make sure that the bushing with the adapter kit wasn't incorrect and neither bushing will fit.

Using a caliper the base of the crankshaft measures about 8.1 to 8.2 mm.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggested solutions?

Thanks,
Keith Black