Foam for Wing Cores

Paul Duffy paulduffy at comcast.net
Mon Jan 6 18:26:59 AKST 2003

In the past, I bought virgin expanded bead polystyrene foam from a local
building supply.  They only carried it in 2" thick sheets.  When I
needed thicker material, I asked them who they bought their foam from,
and they gave me the name and phone number of a plastics supply company
that molds huge blocks of foam, then cuts sheets to the desired size.
One of their standard sizes is 4'x8', 4" thick which they will sell for
(as I recall) $20 or so.

My suggestion is that you contact a building supply company in your area
and tell them what you need.  If they carry something that will work,
then you are all set.  If not, then ask them who their supplier is.
Most likely, they will tell you and you can go from there.  If they
won't give you their supplier, then contact another building supply
company.  You should be able to find some sources within a reasonable
distance, and if you buy a standard size, then the price should be
fairly inexpensive.