Replacement Bearings

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Mon Jan 6 15:53:44 AKST 2003

In a message dated 1/6/2003 4:25:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
s.vannostrand at kodak.com writes:

> Subj:Re: Replacement Bearings
> Date:1/6/2003 4:25:18 PM Eastern Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:s.vannostrand at kodak.com">s.vannostrand at kodak.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:discussion at nsrca.org">discussion at nsrca.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> Look at the info on our website (aeroslave.com) under Accessories.  There's
> a bearing supplier here in North Texas that we've had the opportunity to
> talk with.  The temperature appears to have more to do with bearing life
> than anything else.  The local manufacturer (Purvis) carries NTN, as Ron
> mentions, but also a few other manufacturers that make equivalents.  Major
> bearing users usually lean toward the use of bearings that can be purchased
> from a number of suppliers.  This is better for cost control and consistent
> supply.  The color of the seal means nothing at all.  One mfg uses red
> seals and another uses black or blue.
>   There are different grades of bearings, but not all grades are available
> in all sizes.  The good news is that the bearing companies have cross ref
> charts, so if you can read the bearing number on your current bearing, they
> can find all their stock choices that match,  At Purvis, they don't seem to
> really support asking for the specific NTN bearing.  You give them the NTN
> part number and they get you what they have in that size and quality grade.
>
> --Lance

Lance,

Do you know if these folks would carry a similar bearing for the Webra 145? I
don't need any yet ( it's only been 150 runs/ 35 hours of running, take your
pick) but bearings don't last forever. I think it's a 42 mm outer and 18 mm
inner by 8mm deep?

Matt K