Power Supply - was Triton

Keith Black tkeithb at attbi.com
Wed Feb 26 12:46:27 AKST 2003

I purchased a Pyramid 10 Amp Power Supply (PS15KX) for $39.95 from MillionBuy.com. The version I got has banana plugs and a cigarette lighter attachment. For $5 less you can get a 10 Amp version without the cigarette lighter attachment.

This is a really good price, and Pyramid is a top notch brand.

The following web link has power supplies ranging from 2.5 Amps to 40 Amps. I would recommend this product. I personally would not use a PC power supply.

http://www.millionbuy.com/caudio-kit-sup.html

On the charger discussion, I use a Dymond Super Turbo and have been happy with it, it is also very competitively priced. If I were to buy one now I would go with the or Schulze 6330 which can be purchased from RC-Direct.com. This model has a serial output for a PC but they have a cheaper version without this feature. Pretty sure it works with Lithium Ion too. It's an awesome charger and is used buy many of the high end electric guys, especially in Europe. It's may be overkill for our application, but as stated earlier, we've got a lot riding on our batteries.

Keith Black