Transmitter battery mod to Futaba 9 ZAP

Chuck Czarnik cczarnik at arclp.com
Tue Feb 25 11:43:26 AKST 2003

How low do you folks take them before you stop flying?  An
Futaba-sponsored pilot in my area takes his 9z down to the low voltage
alarm before he changes batteries.. Not as cycling, mind you, but in
flight.  I've seen him walk off of the flight line with TX beeping low
battery...   I have never had the courage to keep a plane in the air
past about 9.3 V.  I think it starts beeping at about 8.6?  What's a
generally accepted cutoff?