AC Input to DC Chargers

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat Feb 15 18:37:15 AKST 2003

In a message dated 2/15/2003 1:35:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
JOddino at socal.rr.com writes:

> Subj:Re: AC Input to DC Chargers
> Date:2/15/2003 1:35:10 PM Eastern Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:JOddino at socal.rr.com">JOddino at socal.rr.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:discussion at nsrca.org">discussion at nsrca.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> Why not just buy a motorcycle battery for your bench to use as a
> regulator/filter for a low current power supply?  I used an Ace 12V
> constant
> voltage charger that charged the bench battery at about 400 mA max and it
> kept it up just fine.
> Jim

Now there's an intelligent, practical, and inexpensive solution to a problem.
With a simple potentiometer pot from Radio Shack, you can have a pretty
accurate voltage adjuster.

As far as the charger is concerned, most of us have accumulated all kinds of
wall plug-in chargers from video games and the like, of the appropriate
output

Thanks Jim

Matt Kebabjian