What NiMH 6.0V battery charger do I need?

Tomanek, Wojtek tomanekw at saic-abingdon.com
Fri Feb 14 05:05:39 AKST 2003

Yes you can charge 5C batteries with standard wall charger, they usually
have a output voltage over 6.5 Volt so it will work but takes forever (nut
much current going form charger to battery if the voltage differential is on
the order of 0.2 - 0.5 Volt).  When a diode my TRC charger fried that is
what I had to use for couple days before brown truck pulled up to the
driveway.  But is sound like you should not have problems with the chargers
you have (especially Ace Smart).  If you were to get a new charger the
Dymond Super Turbo is a great unit with a lot of flexibility and it works as
a field unit but if I was to get one now the Great Planes Triton may be a
better choice because it works for Li-ion and Li-poly batteries too.

Wojtek