Malibu ??

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Tue Feb 11 06:13:51 AKST 2003

Jeez, you newcomers like Oddino and van Putte make me smile.  How about
1954: state of the art was Babcock 3 channel, TUBES for gosh sakes, plug
in relays, a 3 channel radio that weighed 3 lbs., super-regenerative
front ends in the receivers, escapements (driven by wound up rubber
bands), non-self neutralizing servos, only one RF frequency, unless you
were a Ham radio operator, (27.255 mc, or 452 mc.)  Most used the engine
of choice, a Fox .35, when K & B brought out the Green Head R/C with
coupled exhaust baffle, it swept the field.  And, I was there!
I could go on and on, but don't want to put you young 'uns to sleep.

Bill Glaze