Transferring from drawing to wood

Kenneth Blackwell KBlackw at snowhill.com
Tue Feb 11 05:03:23 AKST 2003

I use a light dusting of 3M77 spray adhesive to the paper (xerox copy or whatever). Apply a very light coating to the paper ONLY. Cut part immediately after applying the pattern to the wood, then remove the paper immediately after cutting. If you do this it peels off very easily. Key is Light coat of adhesive, apply paper pattern just before cutting, and peel off immediately after cutting.

Another technique that I have used is to lay the plan over the wood and prick around the part with a pin...into the wood.

I have also used carbon paper under the plan, trace around the part.

One word of caution about using paper drawing products. Paper shrinks and expands...so don't necessiarly believe that the part is correct. Check some key dimensions. The same goes for xeroxing.

Ken Blackwell