February K Factor Dist 1 Article.

RCSkyraidr at aol.com RCSkyraidr at aol.com
Sat Feb 8 11:31:39 AKST 2003

I have been told my Feb column was not printed in the K Factor even though it
was submitted before the deadline. (I can't check since my password seems to
not be working.) Since the column deals with time sensitive information about
the WRAM show, I am sending it out below.

Remember that the NSRCA booth at the show is open to all NSRCA members. It is
our clubhouse at the show so come by, sit for a while, rest, talk Pattern and
put down all those bundles for. See you all there. The column was as follows:

February is here and that means it is that special time of the year again for
everyone in the Northeast modeling fraternity. Its WRAM Show time! Time to
learn about new kits, engines and servos, (there ALWAYS seems to be new
servos Pattern fliers just HAVE TO GET every year). WRAM Show time also
allows each of us to visit with our fellow competitors we have been missing
since the last September contest.

As usual, the NSRCA will be manning a booth at the show. We plan to exhibit a
pattern plane and a videotape loop. Last year we signed up six new members at
the show and we plan to do even better that this year. Several members will
be helping to help "man" the show booth for a few hours each. But we could
use a few more volunteers to help reduce the time each of us has to donate.
If we get enough volunteers, each individual need only spend a few hours, one
day only, presenting the NSRCA to the modeling public. Please call me if you
could help us out for a just couple of hours on just one day.

The NSRCA booth is more than just "advertising", however. It is also a
gathering place for members to sit, talk, rest and store all those "goodies"
we don't yet know exist but we just can't live without. Every member is
invited and we'll have plenty of chairs so please be sure to visit for a
while even if you aren't able to help man the booth.

There will be the annual District Meeting at the show as well. The time is
not yet firm but it will be sometime Saturday afternoon. The exact time and
place will be listed in the show guide. Plan to discuss whatever issues you
feel are important. We will also be honoring the 2002 District Champions,
those pilots who have earned one of those $10,000 tee shirts!

The show dates are February 21, 22, and 23. Hope to see everyone there.

PS NOTE: The NSRCA meeting is scheduled for 2 to 2:45 PM Saturday afternoon.
# discussion-request at nsrca.org