Pursuit Canopy

Amir Neshati amirneshati at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 28 17:41:24 AKST 2003

Make a canopy plug out of pink or blue foam and keep it slightly undersized.
Cover
with a couple of layers of 3 oz cloth and resin. Sand the high spots and the
rough sections
of the glassed areas (remember to leave a flange around the openings) then
melt the foam away
by pouring gasoline on it and you have a canopy.....If you want to go
further and spend
significantly more time, prime and paint the plug, pull a mold off of it,
and lay up your part.
For a one part jobber of this size, doing a mold may be getting carried
away....

You can also make it out of wood......a front and rear bulk head, allow for
sheeting or
thin balsa blocks  and sand to shape, glass with thin cloth and paint. What
I mean by
balsa blocks is; you cut the bulkheads flat on top and slightly angled on
both side, so you have
three straight sides, glue 3/8"~1/2" thick 6~7 lbs. balsa blocks so you have
a flat top triangular
shape, then sand to round to the desired shape.....Glass and paint....That's
the general idea.

Why can't Carl make you a new canopy? Did he sell the molds?.....

Have fun,
Amir

# discussion-request at nsrca.org