Wheel Pants

Nedim Bek nedim at nbengineering.net
Sun Dec 21 16:35:39 AKST 2003

We use the 6061 T6 Aluminum NBE axles for Dave Brown wheels. They are
designed for use with Bolly wheels and DB wheels. No modification is
necessary for any wheel having less than 0.8 inches hub width. These
axles are available through Precision Aero Composites in the USA and
Bolly Props in Canada.
Assembly method we use is pretty easy. You simply drill a 1/2" hole on
the pants at the spot where the axles pass and another hole about 3/8"
above this point for a 4-40 screw. A 4-40 blind nut has to be epoxy
glued from its reverse side inside the wheel pant. The axles has a
E-clip to hold the wheel in place. This design has been in production
for about 3 years now. I guess, recently NMP somewhat ended up with a
similar idea!

Nedim

NBE Precision Aerobatics
Products & Services