Saito 150 / Imac plane

Xavier Mouraux xavier.mouraux at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 15 14:56:43 AKST 2003

I had a Saito a few years ago with a Perry pump (the one for the 4 stroke) and it works great in a 10lbs Cap. There was a guy in my club not using the pump against my advise and you could ear the engine getting lean on uplines. It didn't take long before the engine was damaged.

Whatever plane you choose, keep it light. It will perform a lot better in any condition. I haven't seen the Extra 24% from CA models by myself yet but a member of my club is building one right now and the weight looks really good.

I have seen a few attempt at gas motor in the 25% sizes and none had the performance required for competition (I had one also). The only option to me would be to scratch build in a similar way as Gerry Dale did is gas pattern plane. The bigger planes seems to be better for gas.

Xavier