Website for ZN Hydeaway

Rex Lesher trex at pacwest.net
Sun Dec 7 22:07:40 AKST 2003

Troy

I'm with you on the cg.  I like to be able to feel the need for down elevator while inverted.  Especially in the wind.  I've tried  moving the cg back, and find that in windy situations, you chase the line more because of tracking problems.  Having to use down elevator isn't a problem, it's just getting used to having to use it.  I hadn't thought about using the technique of more down than up and adjusting with expo for the difference in feel.  I'll have to play with that a little.  As far as the 12 degrees of elevator throw goes, was that enough for spin entry?  I suppose you have to carry a little throttle to elevate the nose and then chop the thottle to get the break.  The old Prophecy I have weighs just a couple oz. over 9 pounds.  I ended up having to use throttle manipulation to get a decent break into the spin, or it would just float in a flat position.  Especially if it was windy.  I realize that a forward cg would help in that area.
I really apreciate the help on set up.  Dialing it in will be much quicker than the old trial and error.    I'll set it up with a little more right thrust.  I'm going to stick a DZ in the nose and pull the bigger prop, so I was a little concerned about the thrust issue. How about down thrust?  Any opinion on that?

Rex
3117