Fuel/Water, Bearing/Rust

Robert J. Karasiewicz & Patricia R. de la Fuente karasr at optonline.net
Sat Dec 6 15:35:44 AKST 2003

Now you're getting somewhere.
Nitromethane can degrade to methanol and nitric acid in the presence of
small amounts of water.  This reaction takes some time and it is faster in
warm weather.  Large amounts of water will probably inhibit the reaction.
As to putting large amounts of water in fuel:
When I was 14 and couldn't afford fuel, I tried to run my Forster 29 on
rubbing alcohol.  It ran!  30% water in isopropyl alcohol.  Not very good
but...