Winter / Focus / Fuel

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Thu Dec 4 06:42:27 AKST 2003

I find the electric conversion of a Quest very interesting. It weighed a little more than the 1.40 version and a lot more than the 1.10 version (9lb 2oz). Then I thought about the fuel which would make the AUW 10lb plus. That got me thinking about the effect of flying with a gradually reducing weight.

I know that my two Quests are 9 oz different in weight and do feel different. Then I got thinking about the guys who fly two or three schedules one tank. I wonder if the plane behavior changes as it gets lighter. And then if that teaches you bad things. An electric would stay the same weight throughout the whole flight.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

E.