prop speed; when does it create drag?

Del Rykert drykert at rochester.rr.com
Wed Dec 3 18:11:10 AKST 2003

Correct. Many variables to consider. The speed of the model and if the rpm
you are it still causing thrust or turning slower than the speed your plane
is flying through the air. For models it is very hard to get below an rpm
that still isn't producing slight thrust on landing when you have slowed the
model but while flying downlines I find that rpm's in the 1700-1800 on the
ground do become noticeable on my downlines. Just upping the throttle trim
to 2500 makes a significant difference. These are ground rpm figures as I
have never invested in onboard tach. system. Not necessary to do.

     del