Mac's on the Mintor

Alan Simmonds alan at gspceilings.com
Sat Aug 30 05:29:30 AKDT 2003

Bob
I had the same problem with the 170 carb but found that removing the
throttle stop screw allows the barrel to be pushed a little further
through the body to make alignment of the pin / hole a piece of cake. Be
careful not to damage the O ring on the jet and the two O rings on the
outer (magnetic) part when you push it back in.  Also, I found that you
need to push the outer part ALL the way in to get the O ring to seat
properly and then back it out a little before replacing the retaining
and throttle stop screws. If the throttle barrel goes tight in operation
then the O ring is not seated.

Alan Simmonds